Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Making cupcakes?

My son went through a stage of making (strange) cupcakes out of a sofa cushion, a blanket and his sisters bike.  It was such a crazy, imaginative thing that I wanted to tell the story. 

I made the cupcake from the 'Celebrations' cartridge and the font was 'Hello Kitty Font'.  I used Junkitz freebie paper from Scrapbook Inspirations magazine and focussed on the bright (clashing) colours from Lachie's 'cupcake'.  I used circles as a continuing theme through the layout as an embellishment spot and also for journalling.  Small circles were punched around each feature circle and co-ordinating colours were placed behind each hole.

This layout is for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - 'Sweet Tooth' and Get your sketch on'.



10 comments:

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

Very nice, I love the bazzil paper, and the colors you incorporated. It makes me happy just looking at it.
Thanks for joining us at FCCB

Saundra said...

How cute! Love the colors! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

Minta's Creations said...

How sweet! I wish my kids were still little.
Just became your newest follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Jean said...

What a great thing to scrapbook. Kids are so imaginative. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

girlia said...

adorable

the cricutologist said...

I love the design of this LO! Those little wholes in circle shape are great! I'm your newest follower.

Valerie said...

Isn't that the cutest thing?!! Great layout to document such wonderful memories. Thanks for joining us at FCCB:)

CuteCuteWorld said...

adorable layout! Thanks for joining us at FCCB :)

Andrea said...

This is such a cute layout. Thanks for joining the challenge at FCCB!

Jamey said...

Love the colourful dots around the cupcake!

Post a Comment